William Hill Sign up Guide: How to Open an Account?
T&Cs apply | Wagering and T&Cs apply | Commercial content | New Customers Only | 18+
William Hill is one of the leading brands on the high street, but how do you open a William Hill account online? This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process step-by-step. Plus, we’ll explore the William Hill welcome bonus and other key features of this popular betting site.
Opening a William Hill Account
William Hill offers customers a variety of online gambling options, including a sportsbook, casino and bingo. The best part is that opening a William Hill sign up account is free and you may be able to open an account even from countries outside the UK, however, there are some countries where William Hill does not hold a license in. You can even complete the process in a couple of minutes. Once your William Hill signup account is registered, you can start enjoying their services. This is also your chance to claim the welcome offer and use the free bets that come with it.
Step-by-step: How to create a William Hill account?
If you want to know how to open an account on William Hill, follow the steps below:
- Click here to go to the homepage of William Hill. Click on “Join”, which is the blue button on the top right corner.
- Fill out the form that appears with your personal information, such as full name, email, location, date of birth, and phone number. Make sure that information is 100% correct before clicking on “Continue”.
- Another form will appear, asking you to create a user and password, among other things. Make sure the details are accurate. Also, don’t forget to check the box that gives William Hill permission to send you emails about their latest offerings.
- If you’re going to William Hill register for sports betting, you will need to enter the William Hill promo code
- Click on “Agree and Join” to finish the registration process. Once your application is approved, log into your William Hill Sign up account and claim the welcome bonus.
William Hill Open Account Offer
When it comes to reasons of joining William Hill, it goes without saying that the operator offers new customers one of the most competitive welcome bonuses in the industry. There is a generous William Hill new customer offer for Sports – Bet £10 Get £30 in free bets. But the sports section is a real treat for sports fans with many special events and mobile promos, and football betting odds. It’s a one-stop station for live streaming coverage and in-play for horse racing bettors too.
18+. Play safe. New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions applySee full T&Cs
You can also explore their slots selection and games at their casino or Vegas sections.
Register on William Hill Mobile
William Hill has apps that you can download for iOS and Android devices. This allows punters who prefer to do their gambling on the go to stay on top of the action. You can even use the app to open an account on William Hill. You can William Hill register a William Hill account with the app through the following steps:
William Hill app download steps for Android users:
- Go to the mobile app download page and click on “Download”. This will manually download the app to your device’s downloads folder.2
- Head to your device’s Application or Security settings and enable “Unknown Sources”
- Go to your downloads folder and tap on the APK file to begin the installation process
William Hill app download steps for iOS users:
- With your phone in hand, head to the Apps section of the Apple Store
- Type “William Hill” in the search bar to bring up the operators app in the search results.
- Tap on “Get” to start downloading the app
- Once the app has finished downloading, tap on “Install” to begin the installation process
Using the app to open an account on William Hill
- Open the William Hill app on your phone and click on the “Join”
- Fill out the form with the necessary details and finish the registration process
- Enter the promo code if you’re signing up for sports betting welcome offer
- Deposit funds into William Hill sign up an account and start betting
Step-By-Step Betting on William Hill
To have fun on William Hill, you need to know how to place a bet. Luckily, the bet-making process isn’t all that complicated. We’ll provide the steps to make a single and combined bet.
How to make a single bet on William Hill
A single bet is one of the easiest bets that one can make. You just select a bet and choose the outcome. If the actual outcome of the event is in your favour, you win the bet. Follow the steps below to place a single bet on a football match:
- Log into your William Hill open account and click on “Betting” on the top menus.
- On the left Menu, click on “Football” (1). When the menu expands, click on “Daily List” (2). Then, pick a match (3); we decided to go with an international friendly between Belgium and Greece.
- We picked Belgium to win by clicking on the odds (1). This brought up the bet slip on the bottom right. When you enter your stake in the bet slip’s dialogue box (2), your potential earnings will be calculated.
- If you’re happy with your selection, click on “Place Bet” to finalise the single bet.
How to place a combined bet on William Hill
William Hill also allows you to place more than one bet on a single betting slip, which is known as a combined bet. If one bet loses, you can still collect earnings on the bet that won. This process is similar to placing a single bet. Just follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the William Hill home page, log into your William Hill open account and click on “Betting”
- Select “Football” on the left panel by clicking on it (1). Then click on “Daily List” (2) to bring up a list of matches taking place that day. We clicked on Belgium vs Greece international friendly to pick it (3).
- We clicked on the odds for Greece to win to make our first bet. This made the bet slip appear on the bottom right, allowing us to review our selection. To place a combined bet, we also placed a bet that Youri Tielemans will score at any time. Both bets appeared on the bet slip (you can place more if you want).
- We then enter the amount we wished to stake for both bets (3) and (4). This showed how much we stand to me if both bets win.
- To finish placing the combined bet, simply click on “Place Bet”.
How to place an accumulator bet on William Hill
Also known as ACCAs, accumulator betting is very popular at William Hill. Just like the combined bet outlined above, an accumulator involves multiple selections – two or more. To place an ACCA at William Hill, here’s what you need to do:
- Follow the steps 1-2 outlined above in the combined bet section.
- You can add up to 20 selections to your betting slip.
- In the bet slip, click ‘Multiple’.
- This is a single-line bet, so you only need 1 stake (because it’s only *1 bet)
- Click ‘Place Bet’ to complete the process.
*If one or more of your selections loses/is not correct, then the whole bet is lost. This is something to consider if you are thinking about accumulator betting.
How to Verify Your Account?
William Hill is a regulated gambling operation, meaning that it has to comply with gambling regulations. This requires them to request additional information when verifying a user’s account.This is to prevent underage people from registering and criminals from money laundering through their site. You’ll need to submit a valid ID with a photo on it.
IDs that William Hill accepts when verifying your account are:
- Driver’s licence
- National ID card
It will take the William Hill team at least 24 hours to verify your ID. If all checks out, your account will be verified. But until then, you’ll be unable to place any bets, even though you can log into your William Hill open account.
Payment Methods: How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals
In order to make bets, you will need to make deposits. Just log in, click on “Deposit” (top menu), enter the amount, enter your card details and click on “Quick Deposit”. Withdrawing is also easy. Once you log in, locate the balance icon and click it. Then, click on “Withdraw” and follow the instructions.
William Hill deposit methods
William Hill provides its customers with a number of deposit options for you to fund your William Hill opening account, such as Paypal and Neteller. You can use them to make bets on sports. There are a plethora of deposit options you can use that it would be impractical to list them all. Here is a table summarising the most popular one:
William Hill withdrawal
Similarly to the payment options for funding your account, you are given various options to withdraw your rewards. We recommend you to use the same withdrawal method as the one you chose for depositing.
You can find more information about all the accepted payment options at William Hill.
Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to the more commonly asked questions, one simply needs to take a look at the FAQs section, to get a gage for those niggling questions, and to find the answers to them too. Check out the questions and answers below;
1. Can I use my old William Account?
This is a tricky question, as we could not really find any solid information around this one. Your best bet here would be to check in with the friendly Customer Care agents, and be sure to have all the details for your old William Hill account at hand and get them to do the switch over for you accordingly.
2. Can I fund my William Account using a debit card?
Yes. You can fund your William Hill open account using a variety of methods, including a debit card.
3. How long does it take to verify my William Hill account?
Normally, the verification process takes up to 24 hours.