There are few casino games that are as instantly recognizable as Roulette. The spinning wheel and bouncing ball are forever synonymous with the thrills and excitement of the gambling experience. Online casinos bring the feeling home with the chance to play your favourite roulette games from the comfort of your home.
The following guide will attempt to teach players everything they need to know about playing online roulette. This includes a list of the best online roulette casinos in Canada and tips and strategies to make winning bets.
- Plenty of deposit methods
- Clean and easy-to-navigate user interface
- Quality casino software
- Impressive 24/7 customer support
- Top Microgaming slots including Mega Moolah
- Live casino tables from Evolution Gaming
- Great mobile apps for iPhone and Android
- Good rewards & VIP club
- Operating since 1997
- Great VIP Program
- Impressive library of 400 games
- Live casino powered by Evolution Gaming
- 🙋 How Did We Choose The Best Online Roulette Sites?
- ❓ Why Play Online Roulette?
- Different Types of Online Roulette
- What Is The Difference Between Real Money Roulette & Free Roulette?
- Online Roulette Strategy & Tips
- 🎁 Roulette Bonuses & Promotions
- Other famous games available in the best online casinos sites
- Best Online Roulette Sites in Canada FAQ
🙋 How Did We Choose The Best Online Roulette Sites?
When picking the best online casino sites for Canadian-based players, we used a specific set of criteria:
- Reputation & Secure Gambling – A review of the site’s reputation and how safe and secure gambling is provided.
- Welcome Bonus & Roulette Promotions – A review of the Welcome Bonus and other promotional incentives in relation to roulette.
- Types/Number of Roulette Games – A review of the variety of roulette gaming options each site offers.
- Payout & Stakes – A review of the average payout and range of stakes for roulette gaming.
- Live Dealer Roulette Section – A review of the live dealer games offered to roulette players.
- Banking Options – A review of the banking options available for deposits and withdrawals.
- Mobile Casino – A review of the mobile accessibility of the platform.
❓ Why Play Online Roulette?
The most obvious reason to play online roulette is the convenience factor. Online casino games can be enjoyed from virtually anywhere; all you need is a device and an internet connection. You don’t have to huddle around a table to place your bets anymore; the whole gambling experience is automated when playing online roulette.
Another incentive for playing online roulette is bonuses and promotional offers. Oftentimes online casinos will reward players with bonus money or free spins, which can help build your bankroll.
You can also try out roulette games for free before committing to real money bets.
Different Types of Online Roulette
Nowadays, a multitude of online roulette games can be found at each of the best online roulette sites. While the basics of roulette gaming are the same, each variation will hold slightly different rules, stakes and payout structures.
The following are some of the most popular roulette games out there at the moment:
With American Roulette, you find the classic Vegas-style wheel game with an extra double 0 number. The extra space increases the house edge on bets to around 5.6%, which lessens your chance of winning.
European Roulette differs from American Roulette in that it only has 37 numbers on the wheel instead of 38. The game also only has one zero space, reducing the house edge on bets to only 2.7%.
French Roulette uses almost exactly the same structure and rules as European Roulette with the addition of ‘insurances.’ The La Partage rule makes players forfeit only half of their wager if the ball lands on zero. The En Prison rule allows players to win their entire wager back if the ball lands on zero if they’ve bet on even or odd.
Multi-ball Roulette simultaneously uses up to three balls on the same wheel. The payout on hitting a number is reduced, but your odds of matching greatly increase in the game.
Live Dealer Roulette
Players can now stream roulette over the internet with real in-person dealers. It’s like playing a real game of roulette with a live wheel from your home. The bets are conveyed to the live roulette table at a real brick-and-mortar casino.
What Is The Difference Between Real Money Roulette & Free Roulette?
Most of the best online roulette sites offer players the chance to play both real money gambling and free roulette games. Free roulette gaming will usually come in a demo form using free spins and credits. It’s ideal for beginners who are still learning and don’t want to risk real money losses.
|Why Play Online Roulette Real Money||Why Play Online Roulette Free|
|Bonuses and promotional incentives provided for roulette real money gambling||No deposit required|
|Live dealer gaming only available for real money roulette gambling||Helps new players practice and learn betting systems/patterns.|
|Loyalty programs available with complimentary prizes for real money gambling.|
Online Roulette Strategy & Tips
While winning in roulette is far from a guarantee, there are some methods and strategies that could help.
- Find Lowest House Edge – You should always aim to find the games with the smallest house edge. American Roulette features a house edge of 5.6%, which is extremely high amongst table games. You’re much better off sticking with popular variations that have less than 3% edge, like European or French Roulette.
- Use Betting Strategies – A number of top betting strategies have been created that help min-max your payouts and losses. The two most popular methods used are the Martingale and Fibonacci betting strategies. You might want to read up on each strategy before you play.
- Playing Within Your Bankroll – Always try to place bets within your means. Try never to use more than 10% of your bankroll in any one session. This way, you’ll find that you have enough money leftover to bounce back in later days.
- Find Bonuses & Promotions – Most top brands provide bonus offers that can be used to fund your roulette gaming. Welcome bonuses are the most popular type of promo, giving each new player the chance to get a headstart.
🎁 Roulette Bonuses & Promotions
Roulette bonuses are fairly common at most of the popular operators in Canada. The offers generally come in the form of a deposit bonus or bonus free spins. Check the list of online casino bonus offers available.
Deposit bonuses give each player the chance to obtain bonus money based on the amount they deposit. Most often, this includes a minimum and maximum amount which can be awarded. For example: 100% deposit bonus on up to C$200.
Bonus free spins are awarded as extra spins that can be used for free on specific games when you play online roulette. A certain number of spins will be credited, each worth a given value.
Most roulette bonuses come with a number of terms and conditions attached. Make sure you read through the terms and conditions before claiming any offers.
Other famous games available in the best online casinos sites
Best Online Roulette Sites in Canada FAQ
Looking for answers to a number of commonly asked questions about the best online roulette sites in Canada? Then read our detailed FAQ section below.
Yes, playing roulette real money games is secure as long as you stick to reputed and licensed online sites. Be sure to read the terms and conditions of the site before committing to a deposit.
Yes, there will be the potential to win when you play online roulette. However, the house edge on most popular games is between 2.5 – 5.7%, which is relatively high. Games such as video poker, slots and blackjack offer a lower house edge.
You can play a variety of roulette game types online, including American Roulette, European Roulette, French Roulette, Multi-Ball Roulette and Live Dealer Roulette.
We consider the following online casinos to be the best for Canadian roulette real money play: William Hill, Wildz Casino, Casino.com, Jackpot City and Spins Casino.
Each player will be able to use a variety of different secure and convenient banking methods online casinos in Canada. Some of the most common methods you will find are: Visa/MasterCard, Interac, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard and Bank Transfers.
PayPal payments are not widely accepted amongst major online casinos in the region.