Bingo Lingo – essential slang and jokes for callers
Bingo lingo is an essential part of the game and a great way to join in with the camaraderie. Learn your ‘Cup of Tea' from your ‘Two Fat Ladies' in our roundup of the essential bingo lingo.
You can also get in the spirit of things with these top bingo rhymes and jokes. You'll be the king of Mecca in no time…
The Best Bingo Jokes
Many players appreciate a good bingo joke. While there are hundreds of different jokes some are infinitely funnier then other.
Here at Betminded, we have searched high and low to bring you the funniest bingo jokes. Check them out below!
Spin Me Right Round
Grandmas Let Loose
For the Love of Bingo
Call A Lawyer
The Thug Life
Gangsters in Paradise
Rhymes are another way to amuse yourself and your friends while your playing the game.
We have picked out our top three favourite bingo rhymes:
As I lay me down to slumber,
All I need is one more number,
When to the big game I go,
I pray the Lord I yell BINGO.
A lady from Sydney loved Bingo,
So much so that she taught her Dingo,
She took him along to the hall,
Where they both had a ball,
Till he Full-Housed but could not speak the Lingo!
There is a computer called Eric,
Who makes players slightly hysteric,
By dropping his balls,
And waiting for calls,
Even though he's completely synthetic!
Slang for Callers
In the United Kingdom many bingo callers use traditional nicknames to refer to particular numbers if they are drawn.
The bingo rhymes — or ‘bingo lingo' — cover many of the numbers from 1 to 90, some of which date back decades.
In many bingo halls, the caller will say the number and they players will respond with the rhyme. So, it's good for players to learn bingo lingo before taking part in a game.
The following is a list of the most commonly used slang by the caller. When the number is called, players must respond with the rhyme that corresponds to the number.
– Kelly's eye | At the beginning | Nelson's column
– One little duck | Me and you
– You and me | Cup of tea | One Little Flea
– Knock at the door | B4 (and after)
– Tony's Den | Blind 10
– One dozen | One and two | a dozen, Monkey's cousin
– Sweet sixteen | She's lovely | Never been kissed
– Often been kissed | The age to catch 'em | Dancing Queen
– Key of the door | Coming of age
– Thee and me | The Lord is my Shepherd
– Bed and breakfast | Half a crown | Pick and mix
– Dirty knees | All the threes | All the feathers | Two little fleas | Sherwood Forest
– That famous street in Manhattan | Winnie the Pooh
– Weeks in a year | Danny La Rue
– Red raw | The Beatles number
– The same both ways | Your place or mine | Either way up | Meal for two
– Sunset strip | All the sevens | Two little crutches
– Two fat ladies | All the eights | Wobbly wobbly
– Top of the shop | Top of the house | Blind 90 | End of the line
Now you've brushed up on the bingo lingo essentials, put it good to use by playing online bingo and take advantage of deals like this Gala Bingo promo code.